Terms and Conditions of the 1 Day Certification Course(s)
By checking this box, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Terms and Conditions and the Cancellation and Refund Policy of the FL Certification Course provided by Academy for Dental Assistants.
In order for a student to attend the 1 Day Certification Course, the student must have been formally trained by a licensed dentist in Expanded Functions and/or Dental Radiology with a minimum of three months training and possess the ability to perform EFDA/Dental Radiology procedures without instruction. Students will be required to provide our office with an Employment Verification Form signed by a licensed dentist within 3 days of registering online and making payment for the course(s).
This course requires students must to perform specific Expanded Functions/Dental Radiology procedures in a clinical setting at our facility in St. Petersburg, FL and pass an online written exam(s) with a grade of 75% or better to be issued a Florida Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Certification (EFDA) and/or Dental X-ray Certification. This course is to certify that the dental assistant is knowledgeable in and able to perform the Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Certification (EFDA) and/or Dental X-ray procedures.
Please Note: A Dental Assistants seeking Certification in Expanded Functions must be able to perform clinical charting on paper as one of the clinical setting requirements to successfully receive an EFDA Certification. Computer charting will not be utilized in the EFDA/Combo Certification Course. A dental charting assessment on paper will be given as part of the clinical hands – on portion of the course for Expanded Functions Certification.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS:
This course utilizes an online blended format. Part 1 of the Certification Course is the informational portion provided through our website with a written exam(s) given at the end of the study information. The exam(s) are not timed and can be accessed 24/7 with the student’s username and log in. Part 2 of the Certification Course, the Clinical Hands – On portion, takes place at our Facility on the specific date selected by the student after payment has been made.
Students must have access to a Computer and the Internet to complete and submit Part 1 the Written Exam(s) of the Certification Course. The written exam(s) must be completed and submitted online no later than 2 days prior to the specific date select by the student to attend Part 2 the Clinical Hands-On portion of the Certification Course.
Please Note: Part 1 of the Certification Course (instruction information/written exam(s) is not completed at our facility and must be completed no later than 2 days prior to attending Part 2 of the Certification course. Students must have basic computer knowledge to ensure proper operation of online class work.
Students have 3 months (90 days) from the original registration and payment date to complete Parts 1 & 2 of the Certification Course. To cancel or switch to another class date for Part 2 of the Certification Course, the Clinical Hands-On portion given in our facility on the specific date selected by the student, a written notice must be given to the Director of the Program by email to email@example.com or USPS Certified Mail. The following Refund and Cancellation Policy will be strictly followed. I acknowledge that if I pay by credit/debit card and request a refund, the 3% transaction fee will not be refunded.
Please Note: A seat in the Certification Course is not guaranteed until we receive payment in full and the required Employment Verification Form signed by a licensed dentist. The Employment Verification Form must be received within 3 business days of making your payment and registering online. If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms and Conditions, do not check this box.
1 Day Certification Course(s) Cancellation and Refund Policy
Should a student need to cancel or change the date for a Certification Course they have already registered and paid for online, the following Cancellation and Refund Policy shall apply. All Refunds omit the 3% credit card charges that are charged at registration when using a credit/debit card as payment.
- Cancellation of a Certification Course or request to transfer to another class date, by the student must be made by email or US Postal Service Certified Mail. The cancellation date will be determined by the time stamp of the email sent by the student or if sending by Certified Mail, the date the office receives the certificated mail. It is the student’s responsibility to be sure the school has received the letter/email in writing.
Refund in Full
2.a. All monies paid for the Certification Course will be refunded in full if the school does not accept the applicant or
- b. If the student cancels the course with more than 7 days before the date the student originally selected to attend Part 2 of the Certification Course (Clinical Hands- On Portion) AND has not begun any portion of Part 1 (online written exam(s)) of the course.
- If the student has begun and/or completed any portion of Part 1 – the online course material of the Certification Course and there are more than 7 days remaining before the specific date the student selected for Part 2 the Clinical Hands-On Assessment portion of the Course, will result in a refund of 50% of monies paid, omitting the 3% credit/debit card transaction fee.
- If the student has logged into their online account and not begun or completed any portion of Part 1 the online course material of the Certification Assessment and there are less than 7 days before Part 2 the Clinical Hands-On Assessment portion of the Course, will result in a refund of 50% of monies paid.
- No refund will be provided if the student cancels a Certification Course with less than 7 days remaining before Part 2 of the Certification Course, the Clinical Hands – On Portion.
5a. The student will have the option to transfer to another date for Part 2 the Clinical Hands-On Assessment of the Certification Course with a $100 Transfer Fee versus No Refund.
Transfer to Another Class Date for Part 2 of the Course (Clinical Hands-On Portion)
- Request to Transfer to a different class date other than the original date selected for Part 2 of the Clinical Hands-On portion of the Certification Course, with more than 7 days remaining before the original date will result in no Transfer Fees.
6a. The student may only utilize the Transfer of Class option with no Transfer Fee once.
- Request to Transfer to a different class date other than the original date selected for Part 2 the Clinical Hands-On portion of the Certification Course, with less than 7 days remaining before the original selected date will result in a $100 Transfer Fee.
7a. Please Note: Students will not be placed in the new class date being requested to transfer to until AFTER the Transfer Fee payment has been received by our office.
EXPIRATION of the Course
- Students have 3 months (90 days) from the original registration and payment date to complete Parts 1 & 2 of the Certification Course before they expire. Students that take longer than 3 months (90 days) to complete Parts 1 & 2 of the Certification Course, will be required to repay for the course in Full.