According to Dental Post,
- In 2021, 61% of full-time dental assistant salaries range from $31,000 to $50,000. 14% are earning over $50K. This is an increase over 2020, when 52% of full-time dental assistant salaries ranged from $31,000 to $50,000 and 12% were earning over $50k.
- Over the last year, the percentage of dental assistants reporting total income less than or equal to $20k dropped from 8% to 4.5%.
- Between 48% and 49% indicated their duties had been increased due to the pandemic. Of those who reported doing more, 18.5% of them said they were being compensated for the additional COVID-19 related duties.
- The average hourly rate of responding dental assistants is $21.95. Only 15% make less than $18.00 an hour.
- Dental assistants, who work more than 30 hours a week, reported an average yearly income of $39,071. When DentalPost examined the average income at different ages of experience.
See Full Atricle: https://www.dentalpost.net/salary-survey/dental-assistant-results/