The entire team Academy for Dental Assistants is committed to the responsible collection and use of your information. Our Policy explains:
- What information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and,
- The choices you have when you visit our Website and buy products through our marketplace (the “Services”).
Please review this Policy as your use of this Website means you have consented to this Policy. You should also read our Terms of Service which set out the contract between you and Academy for Dental Assistants for the use of our Services.
- The Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
The information we collect falls into three groups: (1) the information that you may choose to voluntarily provide to us while using our Services (described below under “Information You Provide to Us” and (2) information collected automatically as a result of your use of our Services (described below under “Information Collected Automatically”); and (3) information collected from third parties (described below under “Information Collected From Others”).
Information You Provide to Us
There are several circumstances in which you may choose to voluntarily provide certain Personal Information to us. For example:
When you sign up for our Services, you give us Personal Information voluntarily by providing it to us. That information includes but is not limited to the username you choose to use for our services, your name, email and address.
You may also voluntarily give us Personal Information when you make a purchase through us, subscribe to our emails, newsletters, enter promotions, or communicate with us. Depending on which of these Services you use, that may include your name, address, phone number, email address, and your product purchase information.
You may also voluntarily provide us with Personal Information when you send an email message to email@example.com. When you use such features, we retain the contents of your email address, and any information you provide to us through those communications such as your name, your contact preferences, and any response we send back to you.
Information Collected Automatically
Like most web-based services, we (or our service providers) may automatically collect Personal Information from your browser or your device when you use the Site. For example we may collect and use your IP address, browser type, operating system, location information, the web page you were visiting before accessing our Services, the pages on our Site which you browsed or the features you used, and the time spent on those pages or features, the links on our Site that you click on, device and advertising identifiers, and your purchase history to understand who is using our Services and how.
Cookies and Other Information
Academy for Dental Assistants uses several different automated technologies to operate our Site, communicate with our customers, and ensure we are effective in our advertising. For example, we use “cookies,” which are small text files that are placed on your computer or device by a Web server when you access our Services. We may place and access cookies and similar technologies on your computer or device, which are known as “first party cookies.” Cookies may also be placed and accessed by third parties, which are known as “third party cookies” and are described below.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies:These are cookies that are essential to enable you to use the Services, for example moving around our websites and using their features (e.g. cookies that enable you to log into the Services).
- Performance Cookies:These are cookies which collect information about how and when you and other visitors interact with our Services (e.g. pages viewed most often) and the information collected by these cookies is used to improve how our Services work.
- Functionality Cookies:These are cookies that allow our Services to remember choices you made (such as your login information) and provide you with content and features which are customized to you.
The types of cookies described above may be “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are only stored on your device whilst you are using the Services, and are deleted when you log off from the Services or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device for a period of time after you log off from the Services or close your browser.
Third Party Cookies
Some cookies may be placed by third parties when you use the Services as some third-party service providers that we engage (including third party advertisers) may place their own cookies on your hard drive or device. These cookies may provide information to those third parties about your browsing habits. Some also help to serve you with advertisements which are more relevant to you.
For example, our websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses non-operational cookies, which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyze how visitors use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. At our request, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating how the website is used, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings Feature on Google. You can use Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics. You can also find more information about Google Analytics here.
Similarly, we use the Facebook pixel service. The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising by understanding the actions you take on other websites. We use it to make sure our advertising on Facebook is shown to the right people and is effective. When you visit our website and take an action, this triggers the pixel which reports this action to Facebook. You may opt out of the collection and use of your information for ad targeting by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool.
Academy For Dental Assistants reserves its rights to use other third party cookies or tools not listed here in this Policy. Should you wish to know the cookies being used on our Site at any particular time, we encourage you to use free tools such as Ghostery that will provide you with a list of all cookies as well as the ability to block or prevent them from being used.
Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can change your browser options to stop automatically accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. However, if you don’t accept cookies, you may not be able to access all portions or features of the Services.
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, Academy for Dental Assistants currently does not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application due to the lack of industry standard on how to interpret that signal.
Information Collected from Others
In addition to the information you provide to us and the information we collect automatically, we collect data that’s publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
We also obtain information provided by third parties. For instance, we obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (e.g., adding address information).
- How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provision of the Services.Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services, process purchases made through our Site, and respond to your inquiries
- Order fulfillment.Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments and returns/exchanges; respond to requests for information about our products and services on our website, or to otherwise serve you; connect with you regarding customer service via our chat and support center, or on social media platforms; provide services such as a shopping list; conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (for example, when purchasing anesthetics); and allow you to search for products and check prices, provide product ratings and reviews, track your orders, and update information.
- Communicating with you.Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications or advertisements about products, services, offers, programs and promotions available from Academy for Dental Assistants and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications or advertisements to you based on what we think may interest you given information we hold about you.
- Analyze your interactions with our Services and third parties’ online services so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you.
- Improving our Services.Analyze and learn about how the Services are accessed and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Third party relationships.Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g., to protect our Users from abuse).
- Complying with law.Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law.
- Third-Parties We Share Your Information With
We will not share any Personal Data that we have collected from you or regarding you except as described below:
Information Shared with Our Services Providers
- run, operate, and maintain our Site through third party platform and software tools;
- run email campaigns;
- perform website marketing analytics; and
- provide assistance or tools for technical and customer support.
We Do Not Share Personal Information with Other Users or Visitors To Our Site.
Information Shared with Third Parties.
We do not share any additional Personal Information with any third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and The Protection of Others.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We only share information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties when we reasonably believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas and warrants); (b) to protect our property, rights, and safety and the property, rights, and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (c) to investigate and stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
- How We Protect Your Information
While no service is completely secure, we have security software dedicated to keeping personal information safe. We maintain safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
- How You Can Access Your Information
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
- If you have created an account on www.academy4da.com, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact, mailing, and billing information.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org call (727)-914-0599 M-F 9am-5pm ET with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available.
Academy for Dental Assistants may send promotional emails such as additional courses and other various products and services. If you don’t want to receive this information, you can opt out at any time. Simply select “Click Here to Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.
You may select specific emails to receive. Please select “Request More Information”. Enter your Email address and you will receive an email containing the details you have requested.
Advertising Alliances Opt-out: In addition to adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser described above, many advertising companies that may collect anonymous information for targeted advertising purposes are also members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative. Both of these organizations provide directions on how individuals can opt-out from targeted advertising by their members. You can find more information on these opt-out capabilities on www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org.
- Links to Other Websites
This Privacy Notice applies to this Website only. The Site may contain links to websites and services provided by third parties (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter). Any information you provide on or to third-party websites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. This Privacy Notice does not apply to these websites or services. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party websites or services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personal information.
- Data Transfer
This website is hosted and operated in the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using this Website you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
This Site is not directed toward individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Information. Additionally, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 through the Site.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments about our policies, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (727)-914-0599.